Foreign Travel

If you are traveling internationally on a federally-sponsored project, the Fly America Act states that you must use a United States flag carrier wherever available. Be sure to let your agent know you are traveling on sponsored funds so they can book the appropriate carrier for you.

Visas - Traveling to certain foreign countries requires a visa. For discounts on visa services, and as well as other tips and advice for traveling abroad, visit Harvard's Global Support Services website.

Medical/Health coverage - When traveling internationally, check with your healthcare provider to make sure you are covered outside the United States. Harvard provides assistance with medical or other emergencies through Harvard Travel Assist.

Harvard Travel Assist Global Emergency Response (worldwide, 24/7/365) Call: +1-617-998-0000; you may call collect for medical or security help while abroad